Happy new year!
The FTC's Lesley Fair wrapped up the year on the FTC blog with her own top ten list. Only time will tell whether these will be the areas of focus once a new commission is in place, but here they are:
1. Practices affecting small businesses;
2. Health claims;
3. Data security and consumer privacy;
4. Debt collection;
5. Green marketing;
7. Seals and certifications;
8. ROSCA and "free" trials;
9. Financial injury to consumers; and
10. On the horizon, "how established consumer protection standards apply as technologies evolve."
In case you missed them – and in no particular order – here are ten FTC consumer protection topics of note from 2017