We are delighted to announce our first-ever FKKS speaking series on Clubhouse!
For those who don’t know, Clubhouse is the invite-only, audio-based social media platform that took off in May of 2020 and continues to take the industry by storm. h/t to Mma Afoaku for telling me about the app way back when!
To mark the moment, we are hosting three conversations on Clubhouse, moderated by yours truly (@hannahetaylor):
1. The series will start on February 25th @ 2pm EST with a conversation between my partner, privacy lawyer extraordinaire, Daniel Goldberg (@dangold8) and me, which sets the scene, and discusses Clubhouse itself! We'll chat about the platform's terms, as well as issues for companies to consider as they begin to explore using the platform for advertising. See HERE for details.
2. Next in the Club will be my partner, Marcie Cleary (@marciecleary), who is one of the podcast industry’s go-to lawyers. In this session, March 18th @ 2pm EST, we’ll discuss how Clubhouse is changing the podcast game. See HERE for details.
3. My partner, Chris Chase (@cchase1024), and I will next discuss the major legal issues with live streaming content, proving to be the retail industry’s latest craze, on April 28th @ 2pm EST. See HERE for details.
We hope this series will be the first of many on the app.
* Don’t forget that, to join us, you’ll need to sign up for Clubhouse and will need an invite to join the platform. (If you don’t have a Clubhouse invite, but have an iPhone, email me and I’ll see if I can get a few.)
* If you have a question you’d like us to cover, feel free to email us in advance.
* And finally, remember that the conversations happen live and aren’t recorded for playback. If you’re not in the room, you'll miss what’s happening.
So find us in the Club!
Clubhouse delivers a social experience very similar to an audio-only virtual event on a massive scale. There are currently approximately 1 million users on Clubhouse, and at any given time, there are a few thousand rooms where people from around the world are holding conversations about different industries, professions, and interests.