Facebook recently updated its policy on the advertising of weapon accessories on its platform. Starting June 21, 2018, advertisers marketing weapon accessories must restrict their ads to users who are 18 years of age or older. Facebook already prohibits ads selling weapons or weapon modifications, such as magazines.
The policy applies to the advertising of all weapon accessories, including the following:
- Mounted flashlights;
- Scopes and sights;
- Hunting, self defense, and military clothing;
- Shooting targets and clay throwers;
- Gun safes, cases, and slings;
- Equipment and protective clothing (such as vests); and
- Paint, coatings, and wraps for weapons.